Prof. Giuseppe Masullo
Associate Professor of General Sociology (SPS / 07) and directs International Lab for innovative social research (ILIS) laboratory of interdisciplinary studies and research that promote theoretical, epistemological and methodological advances in the field of social sciences through constant dialogue with scholars who are experts in both national and international.
The research focused purely on the field of social representations, health and disease, cultural dynamics in care relationships with a particular look at the condition of the foreign citizen, as emerges from two monographic works and numerous essays written in books and magazines ; the interest continues, also paying particular attention to situations of disadvantage that arise as a result of the intertwining of conditions of psychological and social vulnerability typical of migration and gender, such as for migrant women employed in care work, and for citizens LGBT foreigners. Other areas of research concern the study of the condition of the young, with particular reference to the cultural models transmitted and the most widespread lifestyles in relation to the dimensions of health, body and sexuality.
She is researcher (tenure-track) at the Department of Humanities, Philosophy and Education (University of Salerno) where she teaches Sociology, Social Science Methodology and Sociology of communication and intercultural processes.
She graduated cum laude with a master degree in Communication and a thesis in Social Research Methods at the University of Salerno (Italy). She received her Ph.D. in Entrepreneurship and Innovation from the Vanvitelli University (Italy).
She was visiting researcher at the London Business School (UK), visiting professor at the University of Finance and Administration of Prague, visiting lecturer at the Université Libre de Bruxelles.
From 2010 to 2017 she holded a Postdoctoral Research Fellow position at the University of Salerno (Italy). She was Adjunct Professor of “Sociology” and “Social Research Methods” at the University of Salerno and Vavitelli University at both undergraduate, post graduate and doctoral levels.
She participated as senior researcher and expert evaluator in several European (Horizon 2020 interim evaluation, Eurofound expert groups), national (INVALSI; Youth Department, etc.), and regional expert groups. I also act as independent evaluator for the European Commission General Directorate for Research and Innovation and the European Commission Research Executive Agency (REA).
Her research interests are qualitative and quantitative social research methods.
She authored monographic studies, several essays, book chapters and articles published in national and international academic journals on digital social research, sustainability, migration, non-normative identities.
- Prof. Paolo Montesperelli, Università di Roma La Sapienza
- Prof. Felice Addeo, Università di Salerno
- Dr. Gabriella Punziano, Università di Napoli Federico II
- Dr. Fiorenzo Parziale, Università di Roma La Sapienza
- Prof. Emiliana Mangone, Università di Salerno
- Dr. Gianmaria Bottoni, City University of London
- Prof. Massimo Ragnedda, Northumbria University
- Prof. Zuzana Virglerová, Univerzita Tomáše Bati ve Zlíně
- Prof. Fabio Corbisiero, Università di Napoli Federico II
- Dr. Maria Laura Ruiu, Northumbria University
- Dr. Angela Delli Paoli, Università di Salerno
- Prof. Cirus Rinaldi, Università di Palermo
- Prof. Vulca Fidolini, Université de Strasbourg
- Dr. Linda Lombi, Università Cattolica di Milano
- Prof. Micol Pizzolati, Università di Bergamo
- Prof. Marinella Attinà, Università di Salerno
- Prof. Prosperina Vitale, Università di Salerno
- Prof. Giulia Savarese, Università di Salerno
- Prof. Giuseppe Giordano, Università di Salerno
- Prof. Giuseppe Maiello, University of Prague – Czech Repubblic
- Dr. Francesca De Chiara, Bruno Kessler Foundation
- Prof. Alessandro Porrovecchio, Université du littoral Côte d’Opale
- Prof. Costantino Cipolla, Università di Bologna
- Prof. Massimo Del Forno, Università di Salerno
- Dr. Paola Martino, Università di Salerno
- Prof. Brian Gilley, Indiana University - USA
- Dr. Chiara Diana, Université libre de Bruxelles
- Dr. Alexandra Marcotte, The Kinsey Institute, Indiana - USA
- Prof. Nick Boston, City University of New York City – USA
- Prof. Jonah Steinberg, University of Vermont – USA
- Prof. Emily Manetta, University of Vermont – USA